Sunday, February 23, 2014

Art Smart

Hey, I'm back!
      Welcome back to Ivy's Adventures! Today, I put together a simple outfit called "Art Smart" for you. I've come to realize "Art Smart" isn't the best name, though. You see, the lovely raspberry beret I'm wearing reminded me of my days in art class, my paintbrush swirling beautiful colors onto a canvas. While this outfit is cute and comfortable, I see it isn't quite appropriate for arts and crafts. A white shirt, while drawing and painting and glueing! What was I thinking? I guess I'll just have to be extra careful. 
Ooooo, this bow is gorgeous!
      The base of this outfit is a white shirt and light-wash jeans. The shirt has a subtle leafy print which I adore, and the pants are a fun, bright blue color which reminds me of the 70s. Delicate detailing, like that shown on the shirt, can easily be incorporated into any outfit; it adds some "zing!" without being to distracting. Rolling up a shirt's sleeves for a  three quarter-length look, like I did here, is easy and adds an exciting twist. Together, this combination of jeans and a white tee is simple yet stunning. Still, I think it's a bit boring. That's where the belt comes in!
     The pink, bow-style belt I'm wearing was a spur-of-the-moment idea. I threw it together using some fabric strips (tutorial on that later), and I think it adds some much needed color to the outfit. Touching back on details, this belt is sprinkled with a simple flower pattern. While any color belt would have matched the white background, I chose this one because of it's white flowers, which match the shirt perfectly. Little details like this can make any outfit  more put together looking.
Black boots: a necessity in any girl's closet.
     These black boots are probably my favorite purchase from American Girl--they are so versatile! I'll admit, the detailing is bland, but sometimes, simple is good. These boots work well with skirts, dresses, jeans, trousers, leggings, or tights, and I'm sure I could find a way to flaunt them with shorts. Anyway, these boots match my hair and belt buckle fantastically, which is why I to wear chose them. Well, actually, my pants are bell bottom style (think extremely large bootcut) and I needed to tuck them into something cute to disguise their ugliness. These boots came to the rescue!
Now all I need is some paints, brushes, and paper!
     Now for my last clothing item: the raspberry beret. I guess I was going for something a bit monochromatic with the light pink belt and all. It works, but the hat's not the focus of the outfit. This is totally fine; the beret is just there to get me in an artsy mood! Try an outfit like this at home: jeans and a t-shirt are boring alone, add fun accessories like belts and hats for some pizazz! Well, I'm off to the art studio now, wish me luck with my white shirt!



Stay fashionable,

--Ivy


P.S. Leave a comment if you would like a tutorial on the bow-belt!

Clothes
Hat: Ivy's Meet Accessories 
Shirt: Local boutique
Belt: Handmade by Ivy
Pants: Local boutique
Boots: Fashion Boots

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for not posting sooner, my photographer has been in and out of the hospital!

    ReplyDelete