Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Winter Walk

IMG_2708
The wind is tossing my hair around!
     Today I ventured into the snowy wilderness to take pictures, and boy was it cold! But on such a beautiful day, how could I resist going outside? To keep warm, I wrapped myself in a gorgeous, ruby red trench coat. It's my favorite winter accessory, and I always cuff the sleeves and pop the collar for a more mysterious vibe. For fashion purposes, I belted the coat open, showing off my outfit underneath. I do not recommend doing this regularly, though. My number one rule is that however cute your outfit is, do not sacrifice personal comfort for the sake of fashion! It's a bumpy road that only goes downhill. You've been warned, so stay safe!
     I adore my ruby trench for a few reasons: its warmth, its color, and its length. Let me explain that last one. Not only are long coats extra warm, but the way they sweep my feet makes me feel extra princess-y. Also,  wearing something short underneath a long coat, like I do here, produces an amazing contrast. It's quite eye-catching, long vs. short! I think this coat really completes my look. What do you think? Tell me in the comment section! 



I love this belt's rustic vibe!
I love this belt's rustic vibe!
     This belt is the prize gem of my collection, and guess what? I made it yesterday! While digging through her closet, my photographer discovered a "skinny belt" (it's a special style of belt) from her childhood that no longer fit. Realizing it could be doll-sized, we snipped the belt to fit my waist perfectly. Isn't it just darling? It reminds me of log cabins, chopping wood, and warm winter nights. I can't believe it only took me a few seconds to make!
     Story time's over now, back to fashion! It's time for me to tell you a secret, the secret to why this outfit works! I mean, I'm wearing purple tights, a multicolor striped skirt, and a trench coat. Reading that sentence, an image of a fashionably-challenged clown comes to mind. Anyway, here's why it works: color, color, color. Look closely at the colors on the skirt, and then look at the pieces I'm wearing. See a resemblance? I thought so. There are red, purple, blue, white, and orange stripes in my skirt, and I'm wearing a red coat, purple tights, blue shoes, a white top, and an orange-ish belt. Astonishing how well it all works together, isn't it! 

Ahhh, my clogs. Comfy and casual.
Ahhh, my clogs. Comfy and casual.
     These clogs are one of the best purchases I have ever made from American Girl. They are of the utmost quality, and are such a rich, blue color. Too bad they're retired. You can probably find them on Ebay though, along with a brown and red pair. Go check that out! Try an outfit like this at home: mix clothing of different lengths for some variation, and tone down busy pieces by incorporating their colors into the rest of the outfit. 

Stay fashionable,

--Ivy


Clothes
Top: Isabelle's Rosette Leotard
Coat: Local boutique
Belt: Handmade by Ivy
Skirt: Julie's Summer Skirt Set
Tights: Go Anywhere Outfit
Shoes: Blueberry Clogs

P.S. I just opened an Instagram account! I'll be posting previews to blog posts and exclusive photos. I even have a plan for a giveaway when I hit 50 followers on this blog, or 150 Instagram followers! Follow me @ivyagadventures, or check out my page here. For future reference, there is also a link in the bar to the right of this post. 



2 comments:

  1. Cool belt! What a great idea! BTW, love your blog! Thanks for giving me a link to it on my blog!
    ~Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love your blog too, you were one of the first people I followed!

    ReplyDelete