Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Globetrotter


Where should  I go for winter break? Tell me in the comments!
Time to hit the airport!
     Hello, all! Today I plan on discussing one of my favorite topics: travel! Traveling is a great way to introduce yourself to new cultures and their customs, something I think is very important. When my photographer took my sister Kaya and I to China, we got to try new foods, see new things, and learn more about my heritage. I think it's incredibly important to be aware and respectful of all cultures and people in this world, and traveling is a great way to achieve this. Kaya and I may not have enjoyed every food we tasted, or thought every piece of art we saw was beautiful, but we were still respectful, and that's what's important.
     Like travel, I wanted this outfit to be fun, but at the same time safe and comfortable. Whether I'm trekking through the Amazonian rainforest or shopping through 5th Avenue, I want to have an exciting experience. At the same time, I don't want to get bitten by a piranha or run over by a taxi. That would be bad. This outfit looks fun with all the bright colors and sparkles, but is also. "safe". In this fashion world, I hope it inspires you to create a travel outfit of your own!
Ah, tulle and rhinestones, my BFFs.
Ah, tulle and rhinestones, my BFFs.
     What does this headband remind you of? It reminds me of 2014 Girl of the Year, Isabelle!  For some odd reason, I couldn't get Isabelle out of my mind today, and whatever's on my mind gets incorporated into my daily style. How convenient. As you know, Isabelle is a ballerina, so this outfit includes small ballet-related details, like this headband. Tutu's is a stretchy, netted material that many tutus are made out of, along with my headband, which is conveniently pink, a color closely associated with ballet. The rhinestone in the middle also reminds me of Isabelle--she has so many sparkly items in her collection! Have you bought Isabelle or any of her clothing and accessories? Tell me in the comments!
This vest is too darn adorable!
This vest is just too adorable!
     The vest I'm wearing was originally from a set called "The Wilderness Outfit"--how befitting, as today's topic is travel! One of my favorite things to do while traveling is go on hikes or take a dip in the ocean. The world is such a beautiful place, I need to see more of it! I paired this best with a short-sleeved tee to keep warm. One thing I love about vests is that they don't restrict your arms; I'm free to move as I like. The tee underneath is a turtleneck, which is quite strange seeing how short the sleeves are. I like it, it's weird. Bringing the focus back to ballet, we have to the appliqué on the shirt. It's purple. It's sequins. 'Nuff said.
These shoes are perfect for slipping on and off at airport security.
These shoes are perfect for slipping on and off at airport security.
Travel is exciting because you get to take risks, and in this outfit I took a pretty big risk: wearing ballet flats. Remember my number one rule? Don't sacrifice comfort for fashion? Well I broke it again. Ugh. I need to grasp control of myself. Fashion is taking over! While these shoes are pretty and appropriate for the airport, we all know I would get blisters if I were to wear them while strolling the streets of Paris and hopping in and out of museums. Again, these shoes fit the ballet theme. It couldn't get any more obvious than ballet flats.
My bag is packed!
My bag is packed!
     Last but not least, my suitcase. It came with a bunch of travel stickers to decorate with, but I can't seem to find them. Hmmm, maybe I'll go hunt them down. This suitcase completes my Isabelle theme. So far, I've had a few twinges of purple here and there: my headband (really, it was pink), the appliqué, and my shoes, but this suitcase rounds it all out!     Try an outfit like this at home: take inspiration from a person or doll like I did with Isabelle. Incorporate bright colors and patterns like, Julie, the 70s girl, or try adding some southwestern flair, like last year's Girl of the Year, Saige. Well, I have a plane to catch, see you tomorrow!
Stay fashionable,

--Ivy
Clothes
Headband: Sweet Savannah Dress
Suitcase: Travel Set

P.S. Don't forget to check out my brand new Instagram! http://instagram.com/ivysadventures

No comments:

Post a Comment