Saturday, March 1, 2014

Happy Birthday, Ivy!

     Hello everyone, it's me, Kaya! This is my first post ever, and I'm beyond excited. Ivy's so generous to share her blog with me, and I can't wait to share my ideas with you all. Over the last few days, I have been planning and wrapping and baking non-stop. You see, yesterday, February 28, was Ivy's birthday! I wanted to do something extra special this year, so I planned a surprise party. You can see what happened in the photo story below. Enjoy!
IMG_2844     The table was set--I had wrapped Ivy's gifts, baked a cake, and put out the plates. All that was left to do was wait. Suddenly, I heard footsteps. Ivy was coming! I crouched behind the table, and then-
IMG_2848
     "Surprise!" I popped up, waving my arms about as Ivy gasped. 


IMG_2846     "I can't believe it," Ivy exclaimed. "Is this all for me?"

     "Of course," I said, a smile appearing on my face. "It's your birthday!"

     "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Ivy was beyond happy; nothing could ruin her day. "Can we have some cake? I'm starving!"

     "Sure," I responded. "I made your favorite!"
IMG_2850     Before we even had the chance to sing, Ivy had plucked out the candle and begun cutting the cake. Now if you're wondering why the frosting is smeared so haphazardly, well, frosting isn't exactly my cup of tea. I can bake, I'm like the queen of baking, but frosting? That's another story. Here, let me demonstrate my skills:
IMG_2851     See? Look at that, I filled the cake with chocolate! Ivy was so surprised, she dropped the knife. "Wow Kaya, you really put a lot of work into this cake. I mean, your frosting skills aren't the best," she said giggling. "But your baking? It's superb!"

     Soon enough, Ivy and I were gobbling down the cake like we'd never eaten before. "This is sooooo good," Ivy moaned, her mouth stuffed with cake.

     "Thanks," I replied cheerily. "But, um, Ivy?"
IMG_2857     "Yeah?" She asked, looking up at me.

     "You've got a little something." I couldn't contain it any more; I burst out laughing!

     "Hey, I can't help it! This cake tastes like it was rolled in the clouds of heaven!"
IMG_2858     Next, it was time for gifts. I handed Ivy a present, and she tore it open excitedly.
IMG_2859
     "Wow, I can't believe it! I've been wanting these for so long!" Ivy gazed down at the small metal trinkets, light bouncing of of them. "Thank you, Kaya. I really appreciate this."
      "You're welcome," I said. "Anything for my best friend!"


IMG_2867

     Ivy also received some of her favorite lotion and a watercolor pallet I found at the art store. She absolutely adores this lotion, but ran out recently and hadn't had a chance to buy some more. That's where I came in. Kaya to the rescue!



IMG_2871










     I bought the paints because she had been talking about going to the art studio for a while (Note from Ivy: remember the post Art Smart?). She was very grateful and excited. Then, we were onto the large gift.

IMG_2875     Peeling back the gold and black patterned paper, Ivy squealed in delight. "No way! You got me something from American Girl! Their clothing is so fashionable!"
IMG_2879      Then at lightening speed, she ripped off the paper and pulled the box open.
IMG_2880     Inside she discovered a white romper, a bandana, and a pair of orange flip flops.
IMG_2883   "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, thank you!" By this time Ivy was hyperventilating in excitement. "I've wanted this outfit for such a long time! Thank you Kaya, thank you!" 

     "I knew you would love it," I said, a small smile appearing on my face as Ivy slipped the flip flops on to her hands.

     "I wonder how I can incorporate this outfit on to  the blog," Ivy wondered to herself. I chuckled quietly to myself, pleased with her reaction. "What?"

     "Nothing," I said. "I'm just glad you love your gift so much."
IMG_2887     "Oh Kaya," Ivy said running over to hug me, the flip flops still on her hands. "Thank you for the best best birthday ever."


Clothes
Ivy's Shirt: Weekend Fun Outfit
Ivy's Overalls: Local Boutique
Kaya's Vest: Wilderness Outfit
Kaya's Shirt: Forever18Inches
Kaya's Pants: Weekend Fun Outfit
Ivy's New Outfit: Ivy's Rainbow Romper 


P.S. Don't forget to check out my brand new Instagram! http://instagram.com/ivysadventures Also, comment below if you'd like to see more of Kaya. I'm so grateful for her birthday surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment